Reasons Beyond our Control
The following is a summary of the procedures for rescheduling games further to the OCSL Rules & Regulations. Please refer to Rule XVI for the complete text.
Games will be rescheduled by the OCSL office in the situations noted below (paragraph 1 of the Rule):
- The assigned referee does not appear for the match and no suitable stand in official is available or agreed upon at the field;
- The permitting authority (the organization that issued the permit) closes the facility;
- The referee judges the field to be unfit for play;
- There are weather factors, such as an electrical storm, which in the opinion of the referee, warrant not playing the game or its abandonment.
“The rescheduled date set by the League shall stand. Changes will only be considered if there is a conflict with a higher level competition game.”
The league will schedule the game on a Sunday later in the season as much as possible. The League will give at least 1 weeks’ notice of the new date and time. Please note: All efforts should be made to have the game played at its originally scheduled time and location.
If a game is not completed due to one of the situations noted above, a Team Official must notify the office as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the following situations (paragraph 2 of the Rule), teams may be allowed to reschedule a maximum of 2 games each if ALL the conditions are met. A club official must submit a Request for Reschedule form to the OCSL at least 1 week in advance of the game. This form can be found on our website and at the end of this document.
Upon request, confirmation and acceptance must be received from the opposition in order for the game to be accepted to be rescheduled. Agreement from the other team must be in writing. If the reason is one of the following, the request will be granted automatically.
- teams wishing to take part in all approved tournaments and where necessary with authorized travel provided by the EODSA;
- two or more players are involved with a CSA, OSA or EODSA program
On the form the requesting team must submit 3 dates that the game could be moved to. Once the request is granted the game will be moved to December 31st in the schedule, and the two teams have 2 weeks from the granting of the request date to determine when the game will be played. If the 2 weeks passes and there is no new date determined, the OCSL will schedule the game on a Sunday in the future, with at least 1 week advance notice.
Any time there is a change to a game time or date, teams must be given at least 1 week of notice.
If a team wishes to reschedule a game they must get a club official to fill out the Request for Reschedule form.
A team is permitted only 2 reschedules a season. Any more will only be granted for soccer related activities and at the discretion of the OCSL General Manager.
To Download this Policy Click Here
Request for Reschedule Form