Rescheduling Procedures for OCSL Games
The following is a summary of the procedures for rescheduling games further to the OCSL Rules & Regulations. Please refer to Rule XVI for the complete text.
Games will be rescheduled by the OCSL office in the situations noted below (paragraph 1 of the Rule):
- The assigned referee does not appear for the match and no suitable stand in official is available or agreed upon at the field;
- The permitting authority (the organization that issued the permit) closes the facility;
- The referee judges the field to be unfit for play;
- There are weather factors, such as an electrical storm, which in the opinion of the referee, warrant not playing the game or its abandonment.
“The rescheduled date set by the League shall stand. Changes will only be considered if there is a conflict with a higher level competition game.”
Please note: All efforts should be made to have the game played at its originally scheduled time.
If a game is not completed due to one of the situations noted above, a Team Official must notify the office as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the following situations (paragraph 2 of the Rule), teams may be allowed to reschedule a maximum of 2 games each if ALL the conditions are met. Official written notification (sent to email@example.com), signed by a recognized Club Official/contact, must be received by the OCSL office with 2 weeks advance notice from the originally scheduled game in question.
- teams wishing to take part in all approved tournaments and where necessary with authorized travel provided by the EODSA;
- school activities during the months of May, June, and September;
- two or more players are involved with a CSA, OSA or EODSA program
Upon request, confirmation and acceptance must be received from the opposition in order for the game to be accepted to be rescheduled.
If the reschedule is approved, both clubs must coordinate to provide a date, time and field to reschedule on within 2 week of the original contact. Failure to provide the requested information will result in the OCSL rescheduling the game without the teams’ consideration.
All rescheduled games will be sent by email to the recognized OCSL Club contacts and it is the Club’s responsibility to notify the appropriate Team Official(s).
PROCEDURE FOR RESCHEDULE REQUESTS
If you wish to request to reschedule a game for a reason other than the above situations, you will need to contact the OCSL Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if they will allow you to proceed with the request. If the OCSL Administrator indicates that you may proceed, you will then need to contact your opposition to see if they are agreeable to rescheduling the game. If so, the OCSL Administrator will need to be provided with the following information in order to have the game rescheduled:
1) A new date for the game, agreed upon by both teams.
2) A field must be available and provided for the game on the new date selected. (This is only applicable if the home team is a team that does not use an OCSL field as their home field).
The OCSL Administrator must receive an email from both teams confirming the above information before the game can be rescheduled. This confirmation must be received at least one week before the date of the new date for the game.
Rescheduling Rules and Regulations