Transferring teams between clubs
We understand this is the time of year where teams might be wanting to change clubs. If you are thinking about this please remember: The club holds the team position spot.
More information from the OSA Rules:
Section 9.1 Leagues, Procedure 22:
22.214.171.124 A Club shall have a "Team Position Status" in a division of a league which shall entitle the Club to operate a team in that division.
The "Team Position Status" shall be based on the Club either:
a) being promoted into a higher level league or division,
b) being relegated into a lower level league or division, or
c) remaining in the same division from the previous playing season.
If the Club is promoted into a higher level league or division or relegated into a lower level league or division, it shall relinquish
its Team Position Status in the division from the previous playing season.
126.96.36.199 If a Club decides to discontinue the operation of its "Team Position Status" in a division of a Senior Provincial League, Senior
Regional League or Senior District Competitive League and it wishes to permit the majority of players who played for that "Team
Position Status, to continue playing for that "Team Position Status", it may transfer the "Team Position Status" to another Club
1. there is an acceptable reason why the Club can no longer continue operating its "Team Position
Status" including, but not limited to:
1. the Club has terminated or is terminating its operations
2. the Club is merging its operations with another Club
3. the Club is not permitted to operate that "Team Position Status" by its municipality
2. both Clubs agree to the transfer,
3. the involved League is advised of the proposed transfer,
4. the involved District Association(s) approve the transfer,
5. the appropriate League Management Committee (s) approves the transfer,
6. the Club receiving the TPS transfer applies to play in the league prior to the league's deadline for
entering teams in that league and
7. the team registers at least nine of the players from the previous playing season.
188.8.131.52 A Club shall move up, or move down, the Pyramid For Play one level at a time, except for a Club which chooses to move down
more than one level.